Analysis of movement & dance
During the learning process, every dancer sooner or later runs into her mental blockades that are expressed through the body. So it was with Sadhana. During her various dance studies with different styles, Sadhana regularly ran into her own emotional blockades that made it very difficult to move body and mind in the right direction. It was a long way for her to overcome them. Her studies, movement expression and dance therapy, helped her to overcome these blockades and thus become more free in dance. By refining her movements, the result became visible over time, especially in the performance of the temple dance.
She now therefore considers it her calling to help frozen dancers (regardless of their dance style) with her own experiences.
- Movement analysis using the elements body, time, effort, space: for example, how does a person move through space and what is the use of his / her effort? At what pace does he / she do this?
- Mudras & Hastas (Bharata Natyam): how do you make the hand gestures soft by using the right muscle tone at the same time?
- Eye / neck / and head movements
- Movement expression and dance therapy: which emotions do you use to be expressed?
Result: old patterns are transformed by recognizing, rediscovering and healing yourself.
See the films below for illustration, where my co-dancer and student worked with the following elements to achieve the desired result.
- Body: lightness / heaviness of the movement; effort versus relaxation.
- Time: rhythmic control as well as the fluidity of the movement in time.
- Effort: the dynamic, expressive quality of the movement.
- Space: the invisible lines in space along which the body moves with a certain intention.
- Breathing: inhalation and exhalation support the correct initiation of the movement.
- Focus: awareness in the position of the limbs and balancing on different types of ground.
Register / more information
Would you like to register or know more about how the movement analysis program can help you to improve your dance skills? Get in touch with me by e-mail or telephone: +31 6 28249929.